March 25, 2006

It could have been a scene from Curb Your Enthusiasm

Picture this:
Dan and I are at an Estate Sale and when we go up to pay for the jacket he has found, which is on sale for 2.50$US from 5.00$US, the woman gives him the wrong change, and he almost lets it go but then goes back for a grand total of 15 cents. Wow. It was in that moment I realized that I could be living with the main character of Curb, Larry David. Frightening.
There was one time when I was younger and on my way up to Edinburgh, Scotland from London on the train overnight, that I figured this type of overnight bus ride would be better if I was able to get inebriated enough to fall asleep through the whole ride. Unfortunately, the beers I drank just made me kind of drunk, and unable to sleep. So I arrived in Edinburgh with the worst headache of my young life, nowhere to go, and at seven o'clock in the morning. It was awful. So when Dan told me that his brother had an overnight flight to LAX from Hawaii and had done the same thing as I did, try and drink his way through it, I laughed. Then I laughed harder when Dan told me G had gotten so trashed he had forgotten to pack his underwear and socks. Now he is in LA with a headache and no underwear. Brilliant! If that doesn't make you smile I don't know what will!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home