June 18, 2006

Strawberries from my backyard!


ready for baking
Originally uploaded by threadandscissors.

Over the past two days I have picked about 4 pounds of strawberries from my backyard, and I have absolutely no idea what to do with this many strawberries. I gave a bowl to my mom, made preserves, strawberry-kiwi tarts, and fruit salad, but I am running out of ideas!
Tasty stuff though, and I also noticed that the cherry tree is starting to fruit! How rad....
Neko Case is playing at the Wow Hall on Thursday the 29th. Tickets are 15 bucks, and since none of my girlies live here I had to go out and make friends which was done successfully at the previously noted Mad Scientist party. Yay me and my social compatibility!

1 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

You can wash them, then dry them (air dry ok), then put them on a cookie sheet not touching each other, and freeze them. Then after a day or so, dump them into a freezer bag. Great for smoothies.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home