April 15, 2007

blue skies....you know how it goes

I am sitting on my couch reflecting on my week with my kitty Em curled up at the foot of the couch. Yesterday Dan, Mom, Lisa (Dan's Aunt), and I headed down to Bliss where we did the exciting job of cake testing for the wedding cake. There were so many different fillings, different compotes, frostings, cake flavors, and not to mention combinations, I think we were all in a little cloud of heaven for an hour or so yesterday.We have finally come to some decisions about it despite lots of back-and-forth "coversations" about what would go best with what, that we made jokes about having a Dan Tier and a Sierra Tier and putting buzzers out as people chose to see who's tier was most favorited by the crowd. What a fun ordeal!
Thursday there is a dress fitting for some wee adjustments, and then Saturday we will be preparing invitations. It is truly amazing how all these things are actually getting done without my head falling off. And we are keeping it low key, I can't even imagine what some of those couples go through who plan the party of the decade! Hats off to them!
As for me the rest of my Sunday consists of sitting on the couch watching Em bark (yes, bark) at blue jays that have entered her yard, and explore this website for ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home