March 4, 2007

Mental Blankness

I have been experiencing a period of mental blankness. I have a blank slate in my head ready to be filled with creative ideas, and not a one to be found. My brain seems to have set up a sealed wall inpenetrable to craftiness. And so I have spent my time doing something I should have done at the beginning of this term: study. Procrastination, especially when related to school, is one of my most treasured and most frequently utilized personality flaws. This term, if awards were given, I would win in every category. I have successfully secured subpar grades for myself in both of my classes. It may be possible to earn a B in one, but the other is looking like my 17 year old grade level, and needless to say, its an embarrassing blow to my ego. And I have only myself to thank! That is the worst part...
In my Psychology class I blew my first test so badly that me teacher offered to make a worksheet that would potentially bring me up to a 75. However, on the next test I surprised her so extremely she had to write, "Congratulations" on my test when she gave it back to me. 26.5/28.
In Human Anatomy and Physiology, I have simply not put in any time outside of class for studying or review. I did not expect anything different than the scores I received, however it is still painful to see them in red ink. I am hoping that I can even out my scores in A&P with the final two exams, though it will be a tough run, and will likely have to be retaken next year. We will see.
Dan is going out golfing today with some friends, and I am having lunch with Mom at Cornucopia. Then I will plan on settling in for some good studying, laundry, and sweeping. Not even an attempt at craft this weekend as I have now accepted my creative block as being a temporary condition which may prove advantageous to my scholastic situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home