February 28, 2006

60 + 51 = 101

In opening I would like to point out that my boyfriend is a very intelligent manboy with a tendency to speak quickly before thinking about what it is that is jumping into the world by way of his mouth. He also has not one but two large screen TVs in his living room. This is a point which I love to make fun of because it is so RIDICULOUS. The thing about having two tvs is that you can watch MULTIPLE SPORTS EVENTS AT THE SAME TIME. Apparently, this is Dan's idea of heaven.
This afternoon he mentioned possibly moving the smaller (51") television into another room, which I supported. I stated said support by agreeing that perhaps 63 inches of television was enough for one room, just maybe.
At this comment a look of shame, embarrassment, and inadequecy overcame him and he corrected my innocent mistake by mumbling "60." I rolled my eyes as though this was simply the single most dissappointing moment of my life, as though I had been mislead for years when he exclaimed, "But really its 101 inches of total television screen!"
Its the little things that reassure me time and time again that I REALLY AM THE SMARTER ONE.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

let me get the calculator. yes, clearly you are smarter. duh.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the humbling hint of sarcasm, ef ;)

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home