February 24, 2006

The Knitting Olympics and delayed social commentary


This is a depiction of my Bright Idea Monday which was when I thought I was a superhero who could paint the interior of my mom's house all by myself and save her thousands (hundreds-it's not that big) of dollars. Upon one more minute of pondering (and drawing) I realized what a DISASTER this would be. Reasons this would not work:
1. I loathe manual labor.
2. It would involve time away from crafting. UNACCEPTABLE!
3. ...manual labor? Ugh...

On to other topics, Ms. hardcori has given in to her blogging urge and started her own! I have included her in my sidebar to encourage frequent readings. Hi, Cori! The pink rocks my socks off, and inspires me to incorporate some updates of my own on to my template!

Also, the knitting olympics has under 2 days left, and though I am not an officially registered participant, I did cast on for my first knitted bikini on opening day, and just finished the bottoms today, leaving me one full day for minor improvements and elastic addition! I am sad I missed the registration deadline, but this was such a fun idea that I had to participate! Next year I am definately signing up early!
I will post the pics of my bikini tomorrow during closing ceremonies.

So now I will leave you with the following delayed social commentary found on the window of my boyfriend's 1976 F250:

1 Comments:

Blogger hardcori said...

thanks for the shout out, lovely lady! I was also pretty excited about the mass amount of pink. If I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it right!

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home