February 2, 2007

Sometimes I post just 'cuz

I started posting to let my thoughts run into the rest of the world aimlessly. I stumbled across blogs that i had found unbelievably inspirational. I started crafting almost eight years ago after I fell of my bicycle and broke my left clavicle. At that time I was able to do little more than lie in bed and watch television. My great gramma was about 92 years old at the time, and something about her love of quilting moved into my soul at that time. Showing her what I had learned from her was so important during that time, every step I took was a connection with her across three generations. I was enamored with that connection. At that time I knew nothing about any kids my age who might happen to be interested in this type of expression.
It took a couple of years until my friends started listening with some sort of interest in my crafty inspirations. I have to say I took alot of crap from people whom now a days seem immersed in the joy of the crafty life. And i am so glad. Because somehow people understood the passion that I had at that time, and now they are worse off than me! Ah, passing addictions are a beautiful thing...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about your first quilt the other day. I remember you laying it out on your floor in the house you lived in w/Bets. What ever happened to that quilt? I hope I wasn't one who gave you crap as I owe you all my gratitude for the introduction to this world. I also can blame you when Andrew says...more fabric? Thank you my dear. e

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That quilt is one of hundreds of WIPs sitting in my mom's garage, I know its pathetic. I think that one day when I am rich I will send it off to the Amish for quilting...Sadly, I know its something that I will never get to...

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home