February 17, 2006

Patterns, schmatterns...

I missed registration for the knitting olympics, but decided I would go ahead and proceed as though I was registered. I casted on during the opening games and intend to be done with my blue bikini by the 26th of February, as the guidelines permit. However, following a pattern (that I don't actually physically possess) is much more difficult than anticipated. I already had to undo the bottoms entirely due to the fact that they were GIGANTIC, even though it was the small version of the pattern that I was attempting. I guess the mistake most likely lies in my impatience to get started and therefore complete disregard to the bold typed note on every pattern ever printed that says, TAKE THE TIME TO GAUGE YOUR STITCHES BY KNITTING A 4X4 INCH SWATCH. I read that (over and over and over) and thought "Eh." So let the beginning rebegin. This time I am using a pair of fave undies as the sole pattern for size. Wish me luck.

Ms. anatomist has promised me a digital camera once she "finds" it. This no doubt means I will get it for Christmas next year, at which time the USB cord will be so obsolete I will not recognize what it is. However, I am still grateful for the extremely generous thought! So hopefully more current pics will get posted here on a more frequent basis!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home