January 6, 2007

Headache System


pot holders
Originally uploaded by threadandscissors.

The moment I put my feet on the cold hardwood floor I felt pain shooting through my skull. I yelped in surprised pain. Dan mumbled, slowly coming out of sleep, "Headache? Take three ibus (ibuprofen), drink some water, and poop." I looked over at him, and said doubtfully, "Huh?"

"Its my system for getting rid of a headache. Works. I swear." With that he rolled over, adjusted his pillow, and went back to sleep. This man has a system for everything.

I hobbled into the kitchen and swallowed down the ibuprofen, drank some water, and proceeded about my day. Two hours later I still had a headache. I worked on the pair of potholders above, and at the midpoint I finally felt The Calling. I have to say, as wierd as it sounds, my headache only dissipated after pooping.

From here on out, I will not heckle at Dan's systems until I actually put them to the test.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your potholders. And I love that you have been posting more. I am so jealous of your book collection. And I love to hear about your daily interactions with Dan. I miss you guys.
e

9:31 AM  
Blogger kungfuramone said...

Pooping cures all! C'est vrai!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home