November 18, 2006

the $110 $34 dollar jacket

We all get them, the coupons in the mail that say "20% off during (blank) month." Normally, I know better. I toss them in the trash the day they arrive in my mailbox. But back in August I made my first mistake. I went to the store and made a purchase. It was my birthday, I thought I would treat myself, so I bought a clearance jacket for $34 after my 20% coupon. The first red flag was when I took it to the register and was told I had to put on my account in order to get the discount. So I did (mistake 2). Then time went by, I got a bill, thought I paid it, got another bill, and this continued until yesterday when I had to finally have a witness watch me schedule my online payment for $109.99 to pay for my $34 dollar jacket that had accrued $75.00 in late fees. Ugh. Gross. The horror. Extreme idiot.

1 Comments:

Blogger pulpshopgirl said...

I had a $30/$150 watch a few years ago. It was so annoying. They kept sending the bills to the wrong address, but most of it was my fault. Plus I bought the watch for Josh, which made it more annoying in the end.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home